Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Compliance
Cirrus Logic is actively committed to our role in protecting the environment by reducing the amount of hazardous substances in our products. As a member of JEDEC, the semiconductor standardization body of the Electronics Industries Alliance (EIA), Cirrus Logic is working with customers and suppliers to comply with industry standards.
- The European Union has enacted legislation (Directive 2002/95/EC) effective July 1st, 2006 that restricts the use of Lead, Cadmium, Mercury, Hexavalent Chromium, Poly-Brominated Bi-Phenyls (PBB), and Poly-Brominated Di-Phenyl Ethers (PBDE) in a wide variety of electronic products and applications that are put on the market in EU member countries. Its replacement, Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS-II) entered into force in 2011.
- Cirrus Logic offers Pb-free product versions which fully meet the definition of RoHS compliance:
Restricted substances are not intentionally added to the product
The presence of any of the restricted substances does not exceed the maximum stated concentration per homogeneous material as defined by the RoHS directive and shown in the following table:
|Hexavalent Chromium||1000 ppm|
|Poly-brominated Bi-Phenyls||1000 ppm|
|Poly-brominated Di-Phenyl Ethers||1000 ppm|
Pb-Free / RoHS Compliant Standards
RoHS Certificate of Compliance
- Generic RoHS certificate of compliance (PDF, 98 KB)
- Product specific RoHS certificates of compliance may be issued upon request. Please contact a Cirrus Logic representative.
Pb-free / RoHS Compliant Part Numbering and Identification
- Pb-free / RoHS compliant products will have a “Z” suffix added after the package designator in the marketing part number.
Standard Version Pb-free Version CS4334-KS CS4334-KSZ CS4272-DZ CS4272-DZZ CDB5484U CDB5484U-Z CDB5490U CDB5490U-Z EDB9315A EDB9315A-Z
- The request for Pb-free / RoHS compliant product must be specified by part number in the written purchase order prepared by the customer.
Pb-free Component Marking
- The Pb-free “Z” designator character will be marked on the package body per the specified mark format.
Outer Packaging / Shipping Carton Marking
- All containers, invoices, and labels will be marked with the Pb-free part number with the “Z” designator character.
- Pb-free alloy category per JEDEC standard JESD97 has been added to Cirrus Logic standard labels. Pb-free product labels will be populated with the appropriate value (e1 – e7) per this specification. Non Pb-free product labels will display “N/A” in this field.
- A separate RoHS compliance label will be displayed on the inner shipping carton, moisture barrier bag and reel for all RoHS compliant products.